The Class 27 was a development of the earlier Class 26. In all 69 locomotives were built by Birmingham Railway Carriage and Wagon Company (BRCW) during 1961 and 1962. BY 1969 the Class 27 was being used almost exclusively in Scotland. They were withdrawn from service in 1987 and eight survive into preservation.
The Dapol Model Class 27 features
- Detailed body with etched grills and separately fitted handrails
- Finely detailed cast wheels
- 5 pole Super creep motor with huge pulling power and incredible slow running speed.
- All wheel drive and pick up
- Directional Lights and cab and headcode box lighting
- DCC Ready with provision for a NEXT-18 decoder
- Magnetic Couplers fitted as standard with standard knuckle couplers in accessory bag