The HIA limestone hopper was designed for the haulage of limestone, stone and sand and was introduced in 2005 for exclusive operation by Freightliner Heavy Haul Limited. 122 HIA limestone hoppers were manufactured by Wagony Swidinica in Poland. The HIA limestone hopper was 14 metres long with a maximum carrying capacity of 90 tonnes. The wagons worked all over England, typically transporting limestone from Derbyshire (Dowlow) to Yorkshire, Kent, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Lancashire.
The Dapol HIA Limestone Hopper features:
- Finely moulded body with many separately added details
- New tooling to portray later wagon builds
- Finely applied livery with accurately printed detail
- Profiled wheels
- NEM pockets with self-centring couplings
- Previous models shown for illustration only