The 9 plank wagon was introduced in the 1930’s to offer a more efficient and cost effective method of delivering coal to high demand customers. The 9 plank wagon had a carrying capacity of 20 tons and to assist in loading and off loading had 2 side doors per side, an end opening door and some variants even had bottom opening hatches. Many 9 plank wagons were privately owned and carried a variety of liveries.
The Dapol model of the 9 plank wagon features:
- Highly detailed body moulding
- Complete with load
- Profiled wheels
- NEM pockets with self centring couplings
- Accurately applied livery