Many original GA drawings were used in the development of these accurate and authentic model.
Building on the many developments from the Dapol Mogul including Dapol's award winning slide in PCB in the boiler for tool free DCC fitting and sugar cube speaker enclosure (for sound models). Conductive drawbar providing tender wheel pick-up and connections for high bass speaker.
The locomotive will have all of the usual refinements that are expected to be found on all Dapol models including:
- A diecast compensated chassis
- Detailed cab interior with screw reverse
- The front pony truck is also sprung and operates on a cam so the model will negotiate R2 curves with ease.
- A slide in PCB offers simple ‘tool-free’ installation of a NEXT-18 DCC decoder and a ’no-solder’ speaker connection. This board slides through the smoke box door and connects directly to the locomotive mother board.
- The tender to locomotive drawbar includes reliable electrical connections moulded within the close-coupling push-fit coupling. This eliminates wired plugs and unreliable wiper style connections.
- The locomotive and tender have electrical pick-up on all driving and tender wheels
- An optional base reflex speaker can be fitted into the tender. An audio frequency filter is integrated within the main locomotive PCB to ensure each speaker reproduces within it’s ideal frequency range*
- Firebox glow (synchronised with sound*)
- Dapol’s proven slow speed mechanism and high torque motor
- Enhance your driving experience with our feature RealDrive*
* Factory fitted models only
Foxcoate Manor shown for ilustraion purposes only