The BR Class 121 is a type of DMU built by Pressed Steel Company in Cowley in 1960. In all 16 single car driving vehicles or bubble cars as they were nicknamed and 10 trailer cars entered service during 1960. Two are still in service today and eight survive into preservation. The Class 121 was initially designed for use on branchline duties in the Western Region of BR and over its long service life has seen many modifications and changes on refurbishment including the removal of the distinctive front exhausts and the plating over of the 4 digit roof level head code indicator box in the 1970's.
The Dapol Model of the 121 features:
- Powerful 5 Pole skew wound motor for supurb slow running
- All wheel drive and pick-up
- DCC Ready - Next18 Decoder socket supplied
- Finely detailed body with many extra fitted items.
- Directional headlights and head code.
- Light Bar ready
- Accessory Bag with optional fitted parts