The Class 68 is a brand new diesel-electric Bo-Bo locomotive commissioned by DRS for intermodal and passenger use. The design is based on the Vossloh Eurolight, with 4 axles and a 3800HP diesel engine and is to be built at the Vossloh plant in Spain. Initially, DRS initially ordered fifteen locomotives with the first to be operational early in 2014. The locomotive is capable of 100mph and has a state of the art adhesion control system which ensures high utilisation of available traction power. Further Locomotives have now been added to the UK fleet bringing the total to 25 and a further 9 on order. Stadler are now assembling the Class 68, alongside the Class 88 .
Our first ‘Next Generation’ Diesel model, with entirely re-designed chassis and electronics. This model reproduces all the detail and functionality of our OO gauge model (other than Halo-lights) and incorporates our new iron cored 5 pole motor offering excellent slow running and exceptional pulling power with reliability and robustness.
- Smooth running 5 pole next generation motor
- All wheel pickup
- All wheel drive via re-worked ‘smooth drive’ low maintenance mechanism.
- Die-cast chassis
- DCC Sound ready
- Next-18 decoder socket (recommended 6 function decoder)
- Independent directional front/rear main lighting control
- Independent directional front/rear cab lighting control
- Main lamp and cab lighting override switches for DC users (Independent front/rear control)
- Removable self-centring close coupling mechanism with NEM pockets
- Standard NEM fitting N Gauge couplers
- RP 25 wheels
- Detailed body and fittings
- Printed name plates
- Accessory bag with etched nameplates and detailed buffer beam fittings
- Clip-fit body for easy DCC fitting