OO Gauge Hawthorn Leslie Sound Profile Video
Feb 06, 2024
OO Gauge Hawthorn Leslie 0-4-0 Sound Profile
Dapol is delighted to be able to share a short video showcasing the sound profile of the Hawthorn Leslie 0-4-0
Hawthorn Leslie and Company was formed by the merger of the shipbuilder A. Leslie and Company in Hebburn with the locomotive works of R. and W. Hawthorn at St.Peter’s in Newcastle upon Tyne in 1886. The company manufactured locomotives to order for main line companies and later had a number of standard designs including 0-4-0 saddle tanks and fireless locomotives.
In 1937 Robert Stephenson of Darlington amalgamated with the locomotive works at Forth Banks to form Robert Stephenson and Hawthorns Ltd. By this time Hawthorn Leslie had built 2,783 locomotives.
The newly formed Robert Stephenson and Hawthorns became a subsidiary of the Vulcan Foundry in 1943 and Hawthorn’s 137-year connection with Forth Banks ended.
The Dapol model is based on the 0-4-0 saddle tanks built between 1899 and 1924. They were produced in large numbers and continued in a variety of industrial uses (included Iron works, collieries and power stations) until the early to mid 1970’s. Over 10 locomotives have made it into various states of preservation.
Sound Profile Video
- Finely moulded body with many separately added fine details
- DCC ready with NEXT-18 socket included—accessed via the lift off dicast saddle tanks
- DCC fitted models available
- Cast wheels with fine relief and appropriate colouring
- Die-cast compensated chassis and all wheel pick up
- NEM pockets as standard
- Powerful 5 pole skew wound motor
- Accessory bag with spares and other optional detail
- 4S-024-001Hawthorn Leslie 0-4-0 Green Lined Yellow `Asbestos' 4
- 4S-024-002Hawthorn Leslie 0-4-0 Black Lined Red `Henry'
- 4S-024-003Hawthorn Leslie 0-4-0 Maroon Lined Straw `Invincible
- 4S-024-004Hawthorn Leslie 0-4-0 Blue Lined Yellow Port of London Authority 56
- 4S-024-005Hawthorn Leslie 0-4-0 Blue Lined Straw NCB
- 4S-024-006Hawthorn Leslie 0-4-0 Green `Faraday'
- 4S-024-007Hawthorn Leslie 0-4-0 Green `Spider' Black Park Colliery
- 4S-024-008Hawthorn Leslie 0-4-0 Yellow Chevrons Newcastle Electric Supply 13
- 4S-024-009Hawthorne Leslie 040 Wallaby' Australian Iron & Steel Co
Recommended Retail Price
Production samples are starting to arrive at Dapol, these are being reviewed by the design team. As you can see and hear the sound profile is coming along very nicely.
We expect these models to be in shops Q2 2024
Pre-Order at your preferred Dapol stockist today