7mm Scale L & B Locomotive Production Samples
Aug 07, 2023
L & B Locomotive Production Samples
Lionheart Trains is producing a highly detailed collection of 7mm scale Manning Wardle 2-6-2 locomotives.
When the line was absorbed by the Southern Railway in 1923, a further example, Lew, was ordered from Manning Wardle. Alas, with the closure of the Lynton & Barnstaple Railway in 1935 all the older engines were scrapped, only Lew survived to be shipped abroad and never seen again.
We are delighted to be able to share images of the production samples of the soon to be released locomotive models with you.
LHT-7NS-001 EXE As Delivered 1898 (Early Cab)
LHT-7NS-002 YEO L & B Livery 1903-1913 (Early Cab)
LHT-7NS-003 TAW L & B Livery 1913-1924 (Late Cab)
LHT-7NS-004 EXE Southern Livery 1924-1927 (Late Cab)
LHT-7NS-005 YEO Southern Livery 1927-1929 (Late Cab)
LHT-7NS-006 TAW Southern Livery 1930-1931 (Late Cab)
- 7mm Scale (1:43.5)
- Designed for OO track - 610mm/2ft radius curves
- Compensated chassis for smooth running
- Diecast construction - boiler, tanks, chassis
- Diecast nickel plated wheels
- Powerful five pole skew wound motor
- Pull out PCB with Next-18 decoder socket.
- Easy, toolless DCC & DCC sound installation
- Factory installed sound fitted versions available
- Prototypical working Joy valve gear
- Fire box glow
- Working locomotive headlamps All versions to be modelled
- Adaptable to 14mm track gauge
- All liveries to be produced
The Production samples have been approved, production is complete and the models will be shipped to the UK over the coming weeks. we expect to see them in shops at the start of Q4 2023.
The design team are currently reviewing production samples of the L&B coaching stock, we look forward to bringing you news about these in near future. We expect these to be available in shops a month or so after the locomotives.