OO Gauge Large Prairie Models On The Way
Oct 08, 2021
OO Gauge Large Prairie 2-6-2 Models
Are On The Way
The Models have shipped, but due to the international shipping issues that all industries are currently experiencing the arrival date of the models is slightly ambiguous at the moment. We will keep you informed with estimated arrival dates as and when we have more accurate information. Our best information currently indicates an early November arrival in the Country.
4S-041-001 5109 GWR Green Lettered Great Western
The 5101 class of large Prairie locomotives were updated versions of the 3100 class and built between 1929 and 1939 which included the 6100 series, with a higher boiler pressure and designed for London suburban services. The final locomotives were built between 1946 and 1949 with the last twenty not receiving Great Western livery.
During December 1965 the last eleven locomotives were withdrawn all being from the 6100 batch. Dapol shall be manufacturing these models from the early 1930s when cab side shutters were added.
Detail for the connoisseur
Many original GA drawings were used in the development of these accurate and authentic models. To portray these locomotives over their lifetime the following details will be available where they are applicable through the addition of many separately added details
- Two different styles of safety valve cover
- Bunker lamp bracket shield
- Smoke box top mounted lamp bracket
- Smoke box door mounted lamp bracket for B.R. Period
- Smoke box number plate for B.R. Period
- Separately fitted top feed pipes and hand rails
- Separately fitted lifting rings
- Screw down and flip top water filler caps
- With and without cabside shutters
- Dapol’s expertise in tool planning and design has allowed for other desirable Prairie variations to be modelled at later dates such as the 3100, later 5100 and the 8100 prairies to be produced.
- Ultra-powerful and smooth 5 pole skew wound motor for great haulage and super controllable running.
- Dapol’s innovative toolless DCC & Speaker installation PCB. Simply remove the smokebox door, pull out the PCB, click your speakers and decoder in place and slide back into the locomotive. No tools, no solder, no mess, no fuss.
- Compensated chassis for reliable running and pick up through all driving wheels.
- Cleverly designed front pony truck allows the cylinders to be moulded in full relief whilst still allowing the locomotive to navigate R2 (438mm/17.2inch) minimum radius curves with ease.
- Realistic fire box glow (synchronised with sound*).
- Sprung buffers.
- All wheel drive.
- Diecast and profiled wheels and steel tyres.
- Finely engineered motion and prototypical connecting rods.
- Pull out PCB with NEXT-18 decoder socket for easy DCC conversion.
- Sound fitted versions will be available direct from Dapol which will incorporate their own recorded sounds and fun features such as RealDrive* where you actually drive the train for a more immersive experience.
Proposed Models & RRP
4S-041-002 6129 Green Lettered Great Western
4S-041-003 5108 Green Shirt Button Roundel
4S-041-004 5150 Green Lettered GWR
4S-041-005 Lined Black Lettered BRITISH RAILWAYS
4S-041-006 4134 Lined Green With Early Lion & Wheel Crest, Bunker Steps
4S-041-007 6167 Lined Green With Late Crest, Bunker Steps
The recomended retail price of these models is:
DCC Ready – £140 DCC Fitted – £171.96 DCC Sound Fitted – £285.95
Shipped, awaiting product arrival.
Pre-Order At Your Preferred Dapol Stockist NOW!