O Gauge Austerity / J94 0-6-0 Decorated samples
May 24, 2023
O Gauge Austerity / J94 Decorated Samples
Dapol is delighted to announce that the decorated samples of the forthcoming Austerity / J94 have started to arrive. a selection of images are supplied below for your viewing pleasure.
In 1942 Robert A. Riddles designed the J94 Austerity 0-6-0 to meet the country’s shunting needs. The first locomotive was built in 1943 with an eventual 377 being built.
After the war the military kept 90 for their railway system. 75 were sold to the LNER being classified as J94 some with modified coal bunker and extra steps, with others sold for industrial use. Between 1948 and 1964 77 new Austerity locomotives were built for the NCB, which continued in use into the 1970’s with a total of 70 entering preservation.
- Firebox glow
- Five pole skew wound motor with flywheel vertically mounted in the firebox
- Slide in PCB accessed through the hinged smokebox door
- DCC Ready with 21 pin DCC decoder socket.
- Plunger pick-ups from all six driving wheels
- Diecast chassis, footplate and coupling rods
- Sprung centre driving wheel to improve electrical pick up
- One piece diecast saddle tankDiecast driving wheels with turned metal plated tyres
- Fully working inside motion – including connecting rods with pistons and valve eccentrics
- Sprung buffers and 3-link couplings
- Two cab and bunker variations
- Full cab details
- Cab roof removable secured by two magnets
- Two separate chimney versions
- Scale metal handrails
- Opening/posable cab doors
We are pleased to be able to share with you a selection of images of the Austerity / J94 samples that have arrived so far.
7S-094-006 J94/Austerity 0-6-0 Wemyss WPR Lined Brown No. 15
7S-094-007 J94/Austerity 0-6-0 NCB Lined Green Whiston
7S-094-008 J94/Austerity 0-6-0 United Steel Lined Red No. 22
7S-094-009 J94/Austerity 0-6-0 Mech Navvies Red 71515
7S-094-010 J94/Austerity 0-6-0 LMR Blue Errol Lonsdale 196
Recommend Retail Price
Decorated samples have started to arrive and the design team are busy reviewing them and providing feedback to the factory. we are waiting on the remaining decorated samples to arrive, when they do we will provide further updates.
We currently expect these models to be in the shops towards the end of Q3 to Q4 2023.