OO Gauge 43xx Mogul Decorated Samples
Jun 14, 2023
OO Gauge 43xx Mogul 2-6-0 Decorated Samples
Dapol is delighted to be able to share images of its latest Mogul Decorated samples with you
It was with great pleasure that Dapol announced the second production run of the extremely popular GWR 43xx 2-6-0 Mogul at the World of Railways 2021 Virtual show. The original production run featured locomotives with numbers starting 63xx and 73xx. The tooling suite is being expanded to allow us to increase the range of prototype models and their associated liveries that we can portray, locomotives with numbers starting from 4321 up to 5383 inclusive can now be accurately modelled. These models will include several developments to improve on what was already a fantastic model which we will discuss in more detail below.
- A die-cast compensated chassis
- New cab with higher and shorter roof
- Porthole cab windows above the firebox – where appropriate
- Detailed cab interior with lever reverse
- Full profile cylinder – no cut away
- New motion bracket and boiler support
- Improved slide bars and cross head
- New straight Chimney – where appropriate
- Original front Pony spring housing – where appropriate
- New footplate with longer middle splasher on the right hand side
- Brass plated safety valve casing
- The front Bogie is also sprung and operates on a cam so the model will negotiate R2 curves with ease
- Smooth sided tender where appropriate Churchward tapered and Collet straight shank buffers and main footplate with prototypical overhang.
Latest Decorated Samples
Recommended Retail Price
Decorated samples have been reviewed by the design team and feedback provided to the factory for any necessary improvements.
We expect these models to be in shops either late Q4 2023 or Early Q1 2024
Pre-Oder at your preferred Dapol stockist today