OO Gauge PDS JHA Hoppers
Dec 01, 2022
oO gauge PDS JHa hopper
Built by Powell and Duffryn these high-capacity wagons were originally bought by ARC and wore the distinctive ARC livery but have since changed to wearing Hanson’s livery. They have on occasion also been seen sporting plain grey to hide graffiti.
The fleet is noticeable for its use of distinctive inside bearing TF1 low track force bogies. There are a few variants of the hopper. The outer hoppers are numbered 17xxx and the inner hoppers are numbered 19xxx. Only the most distal end of the outer hoppers are fitted with buffers, all wagons are fitted with buckeye couplings.
- Inner and outer versions of the hopper will be produced
- a. Inner wagons without buffers and with buckeye couplings
- b. Outer wagons with Lamp, Sprung Buffers and Standard OO model coupling with NEM pocket at one end, other end without buffers and fitted with buckeye couplings.
- Diecast chassis· Profiled wheels
- Close coupling mechanism fitted to both types, capable of operating on minimum of 438mm radius
- Working rear lamp on outer most end of the train (DC directional, 6 pin DCC socket for control of flashing lamp)
- The models will be finished with high level of detail, which will include many separately added details
- Designed from works drawings
- Early CADS shown for illustration only, number of internal ribs has been corrected and other adjustments have made to underframe detailing.
Proposed Liveries & Running Numbers
Dapol are producing six middle hopper models three in ARC and three in Hanson Blue Grey livery. a corresponding set of end hoppers will be produced for each livery also making a total of ten wagons being produced in this production run. The models being produced are listed below:
- 4F-081-101 PDS JHA (middle hopper) ARC Olive & Grey 19823
- 4F-081-102 PDS JHA (middle hopper) ARC Olive & Grey 19841
- 4F-081-103 PDS JHA (middle hopper) ARC Olive & Grey 19853
- 4F-081-104 PDS JHA (middle hopper) Hanson Blue & Grey 19802
- 4F-081-105 PDS JHA (middle hopper) Hanson Blue & Grey 19811
- 4F-081-106 PDS JHA (middle hopper) Hanson Blue & Grey 19833
- 4F-081-001 PDS JHA (end hopper) ARC Olive & Grey 17912
- 4F-081-002 PDS JHA (end hopper) ARC Olive & Grey 17918
- 4F-081-003 PDS JHA (end hopper) Hanson Blue & Grey 17913
- 4F-081-004 PDS JHA (end hopper) Hansen Blue & Grey 17922
The CADs have been thoroughly reviewed and feedback has been provided to the factory (as stated earlier internal ribs and underframe details have been corrected). the project is now in the tooling shop.
We expect to receive first shots from the factory towards the end of Q1 2023, we will provide a project update when they arrive