O Gauge HIA Limestone Hopper
Dec 01, 2022
o gauge hia limestone hopper
The HIA limestone hopper was designed for the haulage of limestone, stone and sand and was introduced in 2005 for exclusive operation by Freightliner Heavy Haul Limited. 122 HIA limestone hoppers were manufactured by Wagony Swidinica in Poland of which 95 operated in the Heavy Haul green livery and 27 in the white. The HIA limestone hopper was 14 metres long with a maximum carrying capacity of 90 tonnes. The wagons worked all over England, typically transporting limestone from Derbyshire (Dowlow) to Yorkshire, Kent, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Lancashire.
- Finely moulded body with many separately added details
- Heavy dicast chassis
- Super detailed underframe
- Finely detailed bogies including metal suspension spring details
- Pinpoint axles providing extremely smooth free running
- Sprung buffers Screw link couplings (Instanter shown on EP)
- Accurately applied livery
Proposed Liveries & Running Numbers
Dapol are producing Six HIA limestone hopper models in this production run. The models being produced are listed below:
- 7F-026-001 HIA Freightliner Green Heavy Haul Limestone Hopper 369008
- 7F-026-002 HIA Freightliner Green Heavy Haul Limestone Hopper 369022
- 7F-026-003 HIA Freightliner White Heavy Haul Limestone Hopper 369027
- 7F-026-004 HIA Freightliner White Heavy Haul Limestone Hopper 369044
- 7F-026-005 HIA Freightliner Green Heavy Haul Limestone Hopper 369002
- 7F-026-006 HIA Freightliner Green Heavy Haul Limestone Hopper 369020
The Engineering prototype has been received Just before the Warely show at the NEC and given an initial evaluated by the production team. The Prototype received a lot of attention at the show and the design team really appreciated some of the great feedback they received.
The design team are now going over EP with a fine-tooth comb keeping in mind the useful pointers they were given at the show. The artworks are complete, and we are waiting for decorated samples to be created once any tooling tweaks have been finalised
We will bring you further updates on this model in the near future when we have some decorated samples to show you.