Second Production Run Of Dapol's OO Gauge 2-6-2 Large Prairie Announced With Decorated Samples
Aug 10, 2023
OO Gauge 2-6-2 Large Prairie
Dapol is delighted to be able announce the launch of our second Large Prairie production run with decorated samples
During December 1965 the last eleven locomotives were withdrawn all being from the 6100 batch. Dapol has now added extra tooling to allow us to model all variants of these locomotives.
The proposed models are listed below and illustrated with images of decorated samples where available. the samples are being reviewed by the production team and are therefore subject to change as and where required.
4S-041-008 Large Prairie 3146 GWR Green Great Western
4S-041-009 Large Prairie 3131 GWR Green Great Western
4S-041-010 Large Prairie 5134 GWR Green Shirtbutton
4S-041-011 Large Prairie 5132 GWR Green GWR
4S-041-012 Large Prairie 5144 GWR Green 'British Railways'
4S-041-013 Large Prairie 6153 BR Black Early Crest
4S-041-014 Large Prairie 8101 BR Green Late Crest
4S-041-015 Large Prairie 5101 Lined BR Green Late Crest
Many original GA drawings were used in the development of these accurate and authentic models. To portray these locomotives over their lifetime the following details will be available where they are applicable through the addition of many separately added details . the second production run also incorporates improvements to our existing tooling which allows us to produce all variants of the Large Prairie. Tooling modification have also been made tot he rear pony truck.
- Two different styles of safety valve cover
- Bunker lamp bracket shieldSmoke box top mounted lamp bracket
- Smoke box door mounted lamp bracket for B.R. period
- Smoke box number plate for B.R. period
- Separately fitted top feed pipes and hand rails
- Separately fitted lifting ringsScrew down and flip top water filler covers
- With and without cab side shutters
- Three cab profiles
- Curved and straight drop front running plate
- Appropriate motion bracket
- Ultra-powerful and smooth 5 pole skew wound motor for great haulage and super controllable running
- Dapol’s innovative toolless DCC & Speaker installation PCB. Simply remove the smokebox door, pull out the PCB, click your speakers and decoder in place and slide back into the locomotive. No tools, no solder, no mess, no fuss.
- Compensated chassis for reliable running and pick up through all driving wheels
- Cleverly designed front pony truck allows the cylinders to be moulded in full relief whilst still allowing the locomotive to navigate R2 (438mm/17.2inch) minimum radius curves with ease
- Realistic fire box glow (synchronised with sound)Sprung buffers
- All wheel drive
- Diecast and profiled wheels and steel tyres
- Finely engineered motion and prototypical connecting rods
- Sound fitted versions will be available which will incorporate our own recorded sounds and fun features such as RealDrive where you actually drive the train for a more immersive experience
Recommended Retail Price
Decorated samples are being reviewed by the design team and feedback will be provided to the factory for any necessary improvements in the near future. we look forward to being able to bring you more information about this project as it becomes available.
We expect these models to be in shops Q1 2024
Pre-Order at your preferred Dapol stockist today